GameFront.com – How to Find Files
Files are a big part of GameFront. We’ve been providing the best collection of demos, patches and mods since 2001. Just saying…
We have (literally) millions of files on GameFront, and there are a few different paths you can take to find what you need. We’ll start with a brand new feature on GameFront–our new “Files” tab on Game Landing Pages. Check it out.
Table of Contents:
- Searching by game title is the best way to find EVERY file for a particular game, all gathered in one hub. Maybe you want a Half-Life 2 mod, but you’re not sure which one yet. Here’s what you should do.
- Select the “Games” radio button right underneath our (new, pretty) search box, and type the title of your game.
- NEW! We have a new unified games search, with over 9,000 games in it(!).
- When you hit “Search,” you’ll be taken to a results page, displaying the best matches for your game we could find. We’re going to keep working on improving our search function, so bear with us while we work out the kinks. Click through to your game.
- You’ve just successfully navigated to what we call a “Game Landing Page,” a content hub for one particular game. Here, you can find all the content we have for that game under one roof. Articles, screenshots, cheats, etc., and now in GameFront, files!
- See the “Files” tab at the far right? That’s brand new! That tab will direct you to the “file hub” for that game, our complete collection of files.
- NOTE: Eventually, the “Files” tab will list all files for that game right there on the same page! We’re working on that part. Stay tuned.
- Once you’re in the file hub, the rest should be pretty obvious. Browse away!
- If you already have a pretty good idea of what you’re looking for, you might try searching for your file right from our (new, pretty) search bar.
- Make sure you select the “Files” radio button, and then search away! Try and match the title of the file as closely as possible.
- When you hit “Search,” you’ll be taken to a results page, displaying the best file matches we could find. It’s pretty simple.
- GameFront is a BIG site. In addition to our main domain, we also have 70+ sub-sites, called “Network Sites.” Each Network Site focuses on one particular game, and offers a great selection of mods and a thriving mini-community. We have Network Sites for games like Word of Warcraft, StarCraft, Star Wars: Jedi Knight, and so on.
- Getting to the Network Sites is easy! Use the Network Sites dropdown, located in the upper right hand portion of the top nav. That’s pretty much all there is to it.