Gamers Spent 40% More Time Playing MW3 on Launch Day than They Did BF3 on Its Launch, and More Comparative Data
Raptr, that epic stats-compiling site over there, has come up with some interesting numbers that you will find compelling if you follow the Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3 Internet War to End All Wars. Here we go. These are all Xbox 360 numbers, it should be pointed out.
- Modern Warfare 3 players spent an average of 6.19 hours playing on launch day, as opposed to 4.45 hours by Battlefield 3 players on that game’s launch day.
- Modern Warfare 3 players spent an average of 20.45 hours playing in that game’s first week, compared with 17.37 hours for Battlefield 3 players during that game’s first week.
- Modern Warfare 3 accumulated more hours played in one week than Battlefield 3 did in three weeks.
- 53% of Battlefield 3 players are also playing Modern Warfare 3, and only 31% of Modern Warfare 3 plyers are playing Battlefield 3.
- 81% of Raptr users polled said they were more excited about Battlefield 3 than Modern Warfare 3.
So that’s all very interesting, and it just goes to illustrate Modern Warfare 3′s dominance in more ways than just money. Suck on that, BF3 fans. Your game is clearly inferior.
Follow Phil on Twitter: @philrowen