This was an official patch that fixed compatibility of Command & Conquer Gold under Windows XP. Uploaded for archival purposes, as Nyerguds' 1.06 project surpasses it.
How to Install the Quick Patch
- Uninstall C&C95 if previously installed.
- Insert a C&C95 CD into your CD-ROM drive. When the autoplay menu appears, choose Explore CD.
- Find Setup.exe then right-click, and choose “Properties.” Click on the Compatibility mode tab and set the compatibility to Windows 95.
- Install C&C95 as you would normally, but do not reboot when it prompts you to.
- Open up My Computer and navigate to your Command & Conquer directory (this is usually C:\Westwood\C&C95).
- Right-click on a blank area in the folder, and Sort by file type.
- Change the compatibility mode on all of the executable files (about 7-8) to Windows 95.
- Extract Thipx32.dll contained in the zip file you downloaded at the start of this guide to your C&C95 directory, overwriting the existing Thipx32.dll.
- Boot up C&C95 and have fun!