Field of Glory allows fans to play single player battles against the AI or multiplayer battles across the internet. The innovative multiplayer system created specifically for this product has been designed to be an evolution of the play by e-mail (PBEM) system. Player will find there is no need to download files or any other complicated process to view your opponents turns. The game also handles multiple matches in real time without any interaction from the player. No more searching through lobbies for an opponent your challenges can be issued and then accepted when you are offline, and your opponent can play his turn while you sleep and its all there ready for you in the morning.
Jointly developed with UK specialist Hexwar, the games is set during the Rise of Rome, from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudiccas revolt in Britain.
The game’s main features include:
· Game play that allows key decisions to decide the results of historical battles.
· Detailed and accurate depiction of ancient warfare (combat mechanics, leaders, morale).
· Single and 2 player head to head modes, together with a revolutionary internet based multi-player system.
· 18 battles of varying size and 3 user created scenarios from the Beta testers.
· Play as the Achaean League, Carthage, Caledonians, Gaul, Germanic Tribes, Macedonians, Spartacus Slave Revolt, Romans or even Romans vs. Romans at Pharsalus.
· Comprehensive scenario builder is included. There are graphics for 11 different terrain types with western European and arid settings. 141 different battle group types within the system, and also allowing almost limitless ability to modify their individual behaviour in the game.
Later releases will include additional battle packs and an army designer where players will be able to choose their favourite armies and match their skills against opponents of their choice, on an infinite selection of battle fields.