Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor includes a massive payload of new content and features requested by the series devout fanbase. In addition to a new campaign that ties up the Dread Lords saga, Twilight of the Arnor adds civilization-specific technology trees and planetary improvements that add even more flavor to each alien race, while greatly expanding the strategic depth of the game. A vast array of new ships, weapons, starbases and ship components will be available to players, including the devastating Terror Star, which can annihilate entire star systems.
- New campaign detailing the final chapter in the Dread Lord wars.
- The star destroying new unit, the Terror Star, arrives.
- Unique technology trees for all 12 civilizations.
- Unique planetary improvements for each civilization.
- New 3D-engine-powered map editor.
- New Scenario Editor for creating highly detailed custom games.
- New Campaign Editor for players who want to create their own custom epic campaigns for themselves or to share with others.
- New Metaverse Tournaments: specific maps & scenarios recorded to the Metaverse with prizes for top players.
- New Ship: Atlas. Makes ships in a fleet more lethal.
- New Ship: Fortitude. Gives ships in a fleet more hit points.
- New Ship: Driver. Makes ships in a fleet move faster.
- Unique weapons per civilization.
- Updated Planetary Invasions.
- New enhanced textures and graphics for planets and ships.
- New Galaxy Size: Immense (vastly bigger than current galaxy sizes).
- Extra alien portraits and logos.
- Legacy of the Telenanth: Detailed back story of Galactic Civilizations.