This model viewer is made by Unkle Mike, developer of Xash engine as a modern replacement for outdated HLMV and Jed's Model Viewer. Model Editor version is dated by 23.03.2017
Most notable features:
- The program does not keep being in memory on exit like Jed's Model Viewer.
- Supports models with 20,000 polys in each submodel.
- Functionality is almost like in Jed's MV. (Except playing event sounds)
- Automatic detection of view models. (View models already opened in first person camera, you can change camera view with V hotkey)
- Proposes to save the model after making changes to it on exit.
- Able to manipulate blending in animations.
- Support of new texture flags, including Paranoia 2 ones.
- Takes up little space on computer. (contains one .exe file only)
- Supports lefthanded view-models for CS
- Able to change top and bottom colors of DM_Base and Remap Textures (Added in 1.28 beta)
- Has build in editor to configure model origin, attachments, hitboxes, eye position, bound and clip boxes. (Added in 1.28 beta)
- Editor has two modes, QC Source, and Real Model.
- Visual preview of muzzle-flashes. (When animation have appropriate events)
- And many other changes
Here is an official link for the editor, the author uploads newest versions here: Hlfx.ru
Also if you found some bugs or want suggest features, you better register on that forum and tell to author itself, I just uploaded it here and have nothing to do with the program.