The ultimate common infected mod causes both L4D1 and L4D2 infected to spawn alongside each other in all official and custom campaigns, as well as uncommon infected spawn among other infected (in moderation of course). For variety/realism reasons. Gameplay vid included.
The ultimate common infected mod both L4D1 and L4D2 infected to spawn alongside each other in all official (excluding The Passing) and custom campaigns. The Passing's bikers and Midnight Rider fans have also been added. It's a variation of Tails1's "L4D1 infected in L4D2" mod. However, his version disables gore for all infected to prevent the infamous "black square shadows" glitch from occuring.
My version supports the gore but also causes the black square shadow glitch for L4D1 infected. That happens because they were lazily ported by Valve without any L4D2 gore effects. The game fails to create gore for them, hence the glitch. However, a zombie game without gore is an oxymoron. If you can live with the black squares, go for it.
Uncommon Infected will spawn (in moderation) in all affected campaigns, for greater variety and challenge. You will now encounter Ceda Hazmats and Riot Cops in Dark Carnival, as well as Jimmy Gibbs Jr and the occasional Fallen Survivor outside of the Passing.
The mod also includes improved palettes for L4D2 commons and Ceda/Roadcrew/Clown/Jimmy Gibbs Jr Uncommons, for greater visual variety among spawns. Currently playing around with the Fallen Survivor/Riot Cop palettes.
- Jimmy Gibbs Jr is a combination of all Uncommon Infected. He's fireproof like the Hazmat Zombie, he's not attracted by the pipebomb and resists the pukebomb like the Roadcrew, he attracts other zombies when he comes at you like the Clown and he's bullet-resistant like the Riot Cop. Guns don't have much of an effect on him, but he's very vulnerable to melee weapons. His spawn rate has been doubled for this mod and you'll encounter him more often than once in a blue moon.
- The specific spawn settings of areas like the No Mercy Hospital remain intact. Nurses, doctors/surgeons and male patients will spawn normally. The Passing has not been touched.
Credit and special thanks goes to:
- Nelson340 for the L4D2 commons palette and his help back in the day
- KiddyCorky for his Clown and Roadcrew palettes
- Tails1 whose mod's "population.txt" I used as a base for this one, as well as his cooperation and support.