Men of War takes place during the height of World War II. The story unfolds across three different campaigns played out through the eyes of Soviet, Allied and German soldiers. Each campaign has its own structured timeline, bringing a different part of the war to life, telling a different story of World War II spanning across Russia, North Africa, Ukraine, Greece, Germany, Italy and the Pacific. The main Soviet campaign sees two student comrades, Smirnov and Kuznetzov, join the army and quickly become brothers-in-arms as they rise through the ranks and experience the rigours of war.
Men of War will feature 50 new units to play with, including new designs on tanks, APCs and heavy guns. Dynamic, in-game video enhances the single player missions, while developer Best Way has given the sounds of war new range with over 100 new effects, recorded under real operating conditions. The single player campaign will also feature a fully customisable user interface, so players are able to setup their command layout just as they please.
In addition to the in-depth single player experience, Men of War also unleashes all new multiplayer maps along with new capture the flag and high-value cargo modes, all faithfully recreated with stunning graphics and refined AI. A new rating system has also been introduced to ensure a fair fight in online multiplayer battles.
- Three evolving storylines from Soviet, Allied and German sides, comprising 19 missions.
- More than 50 new units to play in multiplayer mode.
- Realistic models of armament and military equipment recreated in accordance with design drawings and historical documents.
- System of ratings and statistics for every participant in multiplayer mode.
- New nation in multiplayer mode – Japan.
- Revised controls interface customisable and more convenient to use.
- New multiplayer maps and two new game modes.
- Highly detailed WWII environments and characters faithfully recreated with a cutting-edge graphics engine.