Hierarchy/Joint/Hardpoint Tool for Star Trek Armada 1, 2, Fleet Ops and Star Trek Legacy Version: 18.104.22.168 ----------- Basic Features: Welcome to the Hierarchy Joint Assistance Tool. It is used to create new or modify existing "Joint" data for use in Milkshape 3d to aid in Porting of ships for Star Trek Legacy and the Star Trek Armada games. Originally created for use with Legacy models, I have added support for Star Trek Armada, Armada 2 and Fleet Ops modes. This is used in conjunction with the "Legacy Joint Tool ASCII" Milkshape Exporter. You can start from scratch making a tree using one of the 4 baseline trees, Legacy, Armada, Armada 2 or Fleet Ops. You can import Mesh Group Names from Milkshape with the Legacy ASCII exporter, as well as any existing joint data. The Output txt file that is created by the tool is in Milkshape ASCII Format so that it doesn't require a special "importer".
This tool requires Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0. If you don't have it, you will receive an error message when trying to execute it. It is a free download from Windows Update or Download.microsoft.com. Vista and Windows 7 versions should come with .Net Framework 2.0 support without additional downloads.
The tool should work with Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. It is a 32bit application but works on the 64bit operating systems.
Just extract the MJTool.exe file and create a shortcut to it.
Then copy the msMJTExporter.dll to your Milkshape folder. Once opening Milkshape the next time you should see the "Legacy Joint Tool ASCII" option on the Export Menu.
To import trees into Milkshape from the tool you must first delete any existing Joints from the model (or it won't import the new joints), then use the Milkshape ASCII Importer and select the file. If you have an existing tree you can double-click on the "h_scene root" (Legacy, Armada2, Fleet Ops) or "h_root" (in Armada 1) to highlight it then press "Delete" on your Keyboard. When importing the data Milkshape may make your textures disappear, when that happens save your file then reopen the saved file and it will refresh your textures.
Changes From Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
1. Structure Change under the hood to aid in future updates.
2. Backed down to Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 from .Net Framework 3.0. Don't know if there is much point, but it means a smaller download for XP Users that don't have .Net installed yet, Vista and up should support it natively.
Changes From Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
1. Minor interface layout changes and tab order/navigation correction.
2. Added About box to the Help menu.
Changes From Version 220.127.116.11a to 18.104.22.168
1. Fixed that the "Checkboxes" for the Tree View were missing.
2. The main tool window is now a fixed size as intended.
3. Fixed up "Tab" navigation, as in when you press the Tab key on your keyboard what is the "next item" it goes to.
4. Improved "Move Checked" function, it should now move "all" checked joints to the currently selected joint. It should also move them in the same order they started in rather than mixing them up.
Changes From Version 22.214.171.124a to 126.96.36.199a
1. Removed "crew#" joints from the initial tree. If you want to add them just do so from the s_ joint type.
2. Fleet Ops added the numerous "warpglowsprites" to the s_ joint type dropdown. Removed the crew# and sensor joint from the Fleet Ops tree as it seems they don't ever use them.
3. Added info to the Help window on the various interface bits and some basic usage info.
4. Can now add Mesh Group (And "Custom Named Joint(no Prefix)") names that are "unique" by "Capitalization" such as "m_R_logo" will no longer cause a duplicate if "m_r_logo" already exists. This is due to Legacy uses r_logo, R_logo, l_logo and L_logo as logo mesh names.
5. "Base Tree" joints now populate to the List of Joints box.
6. Selected Joint on Treeview now remains visibly selected when it looses focus.
7. The Root (first top level item on the Treeview) is now selected automatically on Startup or Clearing the tree to prevent errors when trying to add joints before selecting any initial joint.
8. Fix Loop if you answer "No" to the Auto Increment question when a duplicate joint name is found to be on the tree.
Changes From Version 188.8.131.52a to 184.108.40.206a
1. When changing the "Mode" box it will now ask if you want to switch modes or not. If you say yes it will perform a Clear Tree function to flush out the old modes tree. If you say no then it reverts back to the previous setting
Changes From Version 220.127.116.11a to 18.104.22.168a
1. Fixed "Increment" function for when duplicate joints are found for s_, e_, and h_ joints.
2. Added Crew1-Crew5, Crew16 and Sensor as options on the s_ joint list for the Armada games. These are fixed name joints, I don't know if they work with suffixes like _01 tagged to them.
3. The tool now saves the last used mode. So if you exit with it set to Armada it will reopen in Armada mode etc.
4. Added the Change Log that your reading.
5. Added file format check incase an improper file is selected for import. The "Legacy Joint Tool ASCII" that the tool imports is NOT the same as the "Milkshape 3D ASCII" file that it exports to.
Permissions / Notices:
This tool can be use to assist in modding Star Trek Legacy, Armada, Armada 2 etc.
This tool and these files are not supported by Maddoc or Bethesda Softworks, Activision etc or any other company and they are not responsible for any damages to your game etc (neither am I). As with all modtools you are using them at your own risk. The end user of the tool accepts responsibility for usage of the tools.
The Tool can not be distributed with any other package without obtaining permissions from myself (Muldrf).
The Tool exe must never be distributed without this readme.
Credits / Contact:
If problems are found with the tool you can contact me and I'll see what I can do to help. Also if you have feature requests let me know.
The Tool is coded by Muldrf
markenobrookstone AT hotmail DOT com