- - - UPDATED FILE to v1.2 from v1.1 (reduction of both Lensdirt intensity and Vibrance, to increase the cinematic feeling) This Mod will enhance the graphics of both Battlefront I and II (Classic) by adding a custom Bloom and AA and some nice filter effects, which makes the game look more sharp, realistic and movie-like! Depending on the color mood of the map/scene the mod's impact will be more visible in some cases than in others. - - - JUST ENLARGE THE PREVIEW IMAGE TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE
This mod aims to replaces the stock Bloom and AA with better ones,
while also improving the coloring and contrasting.
Depending on the color mood of the map/scene the mod's impact will be more visible on some maps/scene than on others. I recommend to enlarge the preview image (I uploaded it in 4K) to see the difference on each of the 4 maps clearly.
IT WILL WORK FOR BOTH BATTLEFRONT I and II (Classic)
These are the improvements in detail:
- The Bloom is more subtile but also more defined than the stock one.
- The AA is combined with a soft sharpening effect, which results in a better image, which is both anti-aliased and slightly sharpened (while the stock AA is blurring the image to much, which results in an overall washed-out look like it's the problem with modern FXAA today) - so it's a nice balance between anti-aliased and sharpened ... and at the same time it's better performing than the ingame AA :D
- The dynamic cinematic filters apply some changes to coloring, contrasting, saturation and brightness to imitate a more "movie-like" and realistic look
- Because the cinematic filters darkened the image too much on less bright maps, I also added a subtile gamma gaining, to counter the darkening.
Content of the included README file:
Battlefront II - Cinematic Enhanced Graphics v1.2
Powered by the current version of MasterEffect (1.1.287) and Reshade 2.0.
Installation for both Battlefront I and II:
- Move the content of the folder next to this file (the one which says "Hey you ...") into your GameData folder.
- Turn ingame bloom and anti aliasing OFF.
Ingame trigger key [F11] is a little buggy, you often have to press it several times :D
crosire (ReShade developer)
Ganossa (ReShade Assistant tool developer)
MasterEffects by Marty McFly