People will probably find several design concepts that are similar to cp_badlands. And you'd be right, a few ideas from that map have been reused for the evergreen layout, but the arenas and flow should be a completely new experience. I've taken a lot of care to make sure that walktimes between points, and from various spawnrooms aren't excessively long. Assuming you use the shortest route, the times are equal to that of any popular 5cp.
-- 10 month coma --
a2: scale reduction, new middle, new last, alpine theme (for some color), added water and side route at cp2
a3: scale reduction, tweaked timers, removed the side route at cp2 again. Added bumps in the stickyjump highways.
a3a: made more room at cp2 and adjusted timers. Most notably removed the rock that allowed nonjump classes to access the cp without effort.
a4: nothing new, name changed to Evergreen. Public release.
a5: wider doorways, more open mid, restructuring at 2nd, mid spawns moved, flatbedtrain on last moved, optimization fixes, garage door at last opens down, removed secondary entrance to forward spawn, flank between 2nd-mid not a deathpit and slightly shorter. And more that I don't remember.
a6: Added a balcony area at 2nd. Switched the sizes of medkits in the building between 2nd and last. Forward spawn can not be re-entered, and locker removed. Health and ammo pickup at mid has been moved up on the platform. Handrails have been replaced, now uses the design from in pl_goldrush. Minor timer edits that I wont specify, see if you notice! Fall damage out of first spawn should be eliminated, unless you aim to go into the "pit".
b2: Fixed bulletblocker on the handrails at mid cp. Fixed nonsolid 16x16 unit beam in the building between mid-2nd. Removed bridge support at mid, made the arches smaller and placed a small healthkit underneath. Retextured some buildings to metal. Rolled up a container on the train tracks at last, in-front of the left door (from defenders view). The idea is to make this exit more viable to push out from with the added cover the container provides. Made some changes to the unclipped upper levels in the building between 2nd-last. Added more details, mostly in the shape of props, a simple 3d skybox was added. Some lighting fixes. Added occluders. Slight changes to fog and color correction.
- 2 new small healthpacks per side of the map.
--- One by the water between 2nd and mid.
--- Indoors, on the bottom floor between 2nd and last. Also features a new medium ammo pack in the same spot.
- Capture time on 2nd cp lowered by 6%
- Closed one of the windows leading to mid completely. The open window has had its line of sight almost removed.
- Added cover fence on 2nd cp, both on the cp and below the platform.
- Minor additions to last, fence and concrete block
- Detail, in general.
--- More texture variety
--- Decreased indoor brightness by a fraction
- Optimization, overall improvements.
--- Filesize reduced by 5 mb
- Added menu photos
- Slight changes to the water vmt
- Other things I've forgotten.
- Increased width on platforms at Last cp. Added a high see-through fence/cover and also connected the right and left bridges together for easier movement overall.
- Added a second floor to the small house next to the first spawnroom.
- First spawn moved back 256 units. Makes it harder to duck into the spawn for cover when defending last.
- Spawntimes reduced by .5 seconds
- A lot of new textures, and subtle variations of shades on all red/blu textures. Less wood and more concrete and metal.
- General detailing and clipping, the usual stuff.
- Less geometry 'popping' though weird areaportals, I hope. This is really hard to eliminate completely and still keep a good framerate.