Battle underneath the crackling magnetosphere! Aurora was developed out of Icefield, and is now in release candidate form.
Aurora addresses many of these issues and balances gameplay with both optimization and a tight focus of themeing. It may be thought of as a spiritual successor to 2fort!
The map was built with a multitude of play styles in mind, and can hold up to both the sentry farms of 16v16 and the challenges posed by 6v6 gameplay. One of the design criteria was, "How can CTF be made dynamic enough for 6v6 gameplay?"
1. Spawns are located at the back of base, behind capture point.
2. Flags to be carried are located in top floors of lobbies of each base.
3. Intel flags may not be carried backwards into one's own base.
4. Flags return only after 90 seconds. Think of captures as inevitable!
5. Base 7 minutes; 1:30 added for every capture
6. Standard respawns
7. Intel capture results in martyrdom (you can't stick around to camp your foe)
8. Buildings can't be constructed where it's too damp! Don't bother! (uhh except if they're completely underwater )
9. No resupply cabinets! You have to be creative to defend your base well! Lazy defense is not promoted here, no way no how.
Acegikmo- Texturing partner!
Shmitz- Intel bases!
FLOOR_MASTER- Distinguished feedback!
Unnamed Valve employee (don't want to flood him with requests) Entity fixes!!
-Implemented feature to 'intel blockers' of opposing team
-Clipping fixes etc