Gearbox Confirms Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition
Borderlands 2 is set to receive a Game of the Year Edition, which includes almost everything that’s been released of the game to date—sans the microtransaction-based character heads and skins that were released for the game on Steam and other digital download services.
“For us and for fans, the love for Borderlands 2 has been nothing short of spectacular, so it’s natural for us here at Gearbox Software to want everyone else to have a chance to experience the best-selling game and its most valuable expansion content,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. “The Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition offers more value than ever before in one package, giving everyone an opportunity to become a legendary Vault Hunter, and join in the award winning mayhem and fun.”
2K Games confirmed the pack’s October 11 release, pricing it at $59.99.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Borderlands 2 Main Game
- Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
- Creature Slaughter Dome
- Premiere Club Content:
- Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class
- Gearbox Gun Pack
- Golden Key
- Vault Hunter’s Relic
- Krieg, the Psycho Character Class
- Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1.
The pack will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.