Gears 3: Fenix Rising DLC – The Slab Easter Egg
Gears of War 3 promised big easter eggs, and it delivered with a huge assortment of random goodies for all players to find. So, it comes to no one’s surprise that the next DLC release for Gears 3 has its own hidden tricks. Keep scrolling to check out instructions for how to discover this enigmatic joke.
If you’re still hungry for more, be sure to check out our full list of Gears of War 3 Easter Eggs here. For even more information on the DLC package, stop by our Fenix Rising Multiplayer Guide. Hey, we also have an expansive Gears of War 3 text and video walkthrough, if you’re still stuck on that core Gears 3 experience. Finally, check out our Fenix Rising cheats page to get the most out of this DLC.
The Slab Easter Egg Instructions
- In The Slab map, search for a recreation area outside. Find one of the thrashballs and kick it around, just for practice. Prepare to do a lot more pushing.
- Before pushing that thrashball around too much, find the grenade / incendiary grenade spawn point. Nearby you should see gate blocking a hallway leading towards the electric chair. In the gate, there’s a circular hole, big enough for a thrashball.
- Get back to the thrashball, and push the ball through the circular hole in the gate. The Easter Egg will play out before your eyes.
- SPOILER! When the thrashball is rolled through the hole in the gate, a rat will appear in the blocked hallway. Wait for the rat to run to your side of the fence. Stepping on the rat (or shooting it) will cue a spray of blood and an evil laugh. Leave the rat alone, and it’ll just run off.
- It’s widely believed that this easter egg is only the beginning of something much bigger. This may be the first step. if you can help us figure out what’s next, post a comment below!
- The hole in the fence, where the Thrashball is kicked into, can be accessed by a Ticker in Beast mode. There’s no known benefit known for this, yet.
- On the floor of the map, the player can spot Wretch footprints leading around the area — including the hole in the fence discussed above.
- In the Laundry Room, there may be another fence with a hole large enough for the thrashball, or an open laundry machine. Not confirmed.