Gears of War 2 Ready on All Fronts This Summer
Just when gamers thought they had squeezed all the goodness from Gears of War 2, Epic Games targets players on All Fronts. This GW2 collection includes all previously released DLC; the Combustible, Flashback, and Snowblind map packs; and introduces the new Dark Corners map pack.
Dark Corners offers multi-player fans seven fresh battlegrounds to test their mettle. The bundle also includes a chapter cut from the original GW2 taking players back to Locust Hollow with Mutt and Dom. Throw in a poster, a custom Xbox Live theme, and a strategy guide and you’ve got a fairly good buy for your hard earned cash. One last enticement is a preview of “Road to Ruin,” the latest project from the man formerly known as “Cliffy B.” Seriously is there a symbol for that? Whatever you want to call him, Cliff Bleszinski rocks the gaming world.
Look for the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection to hit retailers July 28th. You can lay out a cool $19.99 for the bundle or purchase just the Dark Corners map pack for 1,600 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live marketplace.
Details on the new Dark Corners maps follow the break.
A few quick notes on the seven new multiplayer maps in the Dark Corners pack:
- Allfathers Garden: Don’t get caught up in the beauty—the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders can be a tremendously deadly place. Powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial: It’s all about the heavy weaponry in Memorial, set near the Eternal Flame at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Take a moment to remember your fallen comrades before using your flanking and evasive skills to take control of the Boomshot and the battle.
- Sanctuary: Tight paths, blind corners, and an arsenal of weapons—the Locust-ravaged temple in Sanctuary is no longer the haven of reflection and remembrance it once was.
- War Machine: In this abandoned train station, players need to master the Longshot, Mulcher, and Boomshot to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system. Stick together, separate the enemy, and have an exit strategy ready, or it’ll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station: In the limbo between death and “processing,” you’ll find Locust way stations like this one, filled with COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience—it’s best to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere: Set in the middle of the desert, Nowhere is exactly how it sounds: barren and devoid of life. The open air and long lines of sight prove useful for Longshot devotees, but expect some fierce, close combat in the stairwell.