Gears of War 3 Golden Chicken Easter Egg (VIDEO)
You know how in the Zelda series, if you’re whack a chicken too many times with your sword, you pay for it with a blast of chicken-rage karmic retribution? Yeah, you deserve to get pummeled to death by chickens, jerk. And if you’re a jerk in Gears of War 3, you deserve fire-breathing chicken death.
Check out the video below, in which our own James Heaney demonstrates how to find the Golden Chicken in Gears of War 3. The easter egg is a little goofy — and what’s with Epic and chickens lately? There’s another easter egg in which you can get a chicken-firing Boomshot called the Cluckshot, too. Someone seems to have an unhealthy chicken fascination.
Anyway, here’s a few written steps as to finding the golden chicken:
- In Act 1, when fighting on the deck of the ship for the first time, clear out all the enemies.
- Head on over to the bulkhead walls on either side of the big open field near the stairs where you come down from being below decks. You should find four big pipes, two on either wall.
- Stand in front of each pipe for a second. Marcus will automatically shout down into them.
- Once you’ve shouted into ALL FOUR of the pipes, a chicken will appear. Shoot it.
- Blast the chicken enough times and a huge golden Ultra Mega Chicken will appear and start hitting you with its flame breath. Shoot that and it’ll explode like a festive pinata.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Game Front YouTube Channel!