Gears of War 3 Limited and Epic Editions Announced, Plus Documentary Video
As you’d expect, Gears of War 3 is one of the most anticipated games of the year. Set to land on Sept. 20, the latest tale in the Gears saga puts gamers back in the boots of Marcus Fenix.
Thanks to a press release from Microsoft, we can now report that there will be two special editions of Gears of War 3. For Gears junkies, there’s the Limited Edition. For those who live for Gears (or those who have a collection of Collector’s Editions) , Epic is offering up the appropriately named Epic Edition.
There’s also a video documentary for your enjoyment that gives a glance inside what they’re calling “The Wicked Workshop”. YOu can watch it below, or download it from our fast, free servers.
Here’s what each Collector’s Edition contains:
Limited Edition ($79.99 US – pictured below)
- An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
- Dimensions: 77 mm (3 in.) x 10 mm (0.4 in.)
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
Epic Edition ($149.99 US – pictured above)
- A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true “Gears” fan.
- Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in.).
- Weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack — Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the “Gears of War 3” Limited Edition.
Even though the launch of Gears 3 is a few months away, you can pretty much bet that these special editions will sell out pretty quick. If you want one, you shouldn’t wait around.