Gears of War 3 Releasing on September 20
So, did you hear that there’s a new Gears of War game coming out this year? You didn’t? Tell me, how are things in that cave, anyway?
Well, at least the release date will be news to everyone, and not just the cave dwellers. In a press release from Microsoft and Epic Games, the release date for the highly anticipated third-person shooter has finally been revealed. Gears of War 3 will hit stores on September 20.
Here’s the scoop from the press release:
The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilisation, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
Here is what else you can expect from 2011′s most highly anticipated game:
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Is there any doubt that this thing will sell about eleventy billion copies? Yeah, I thought not.