Gears of War 3 Secret Achievement
Gears of War isn’t about subtly, it’s about giant dudes with chainsaw guns blasting ugly aliens to death. Despite that, Gears of War 3 does feature a single hidden achievement. It’s easy to miss, unless you’re just a kindly soul, and can be a little tricky to pull off even if you know what to do. Don’t worry, we’ll reveal just how to unlock this wily achievement. Before continuing, you might need some help through the campaign — if so, check out our complete text and video walkthrough of Gears of War 3. For even more hints, tips, secrets, and guides, check out our cheats.
Respect for the Dead (5 points):
Your respect for the dead earned you access to Griffin’s special weapons stash.
Secret Achievement How-To
- While playing Act 4 – Chapter 1, do not touch any of the ash corpses. Don’t even shoot them.
- If you reach Griffin’s room, he’ll let you in and give you access to a weapons cache.
- This can be tricky, but don’t worry. If your allies or the enemies shoot or walk into one of the ash corpses, it will not count against you. All that matters is that you do not shoot or touch them.
- Before you meet Griffin, look for a cage with a person waiting inside. Go near it and he’ll open the way, if you just run by you might miss it. — Thanks to Jason for the tip!
- Once inside the cage, the achievement will unlock. Congratulations!