Gears of War 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- After Prescott shows up, you’ll clear the landing area again, watch some more story, then kill off some more Lambent before heading downstairs. Pick up a fire extinguisher but be ready to drop it, as when you get into the next room you’ll come under fire. Head straight and to the right to reach your destination.
- Now you’re off to free up some helicopters. You discover that Polyps are in the pipes, so you’ll be shooting low to begin with. Turn a corner and you’ll have to fight both low and high as Polyps swarm you while Drones fire from a distance. Teamwork helps if you’ve got a buddy. Most encounters on this level, including this one, end with Drudges. Get used to it.
- Once you free the chopper pilots, you’ll head out onto the chopper deck. You can flank to the right side for a high firing position and some grenades. Watch for another Drudge. Fight your way across the flight deck, then head up the stairs to a catwalk that leads to the control booth. There’s a Drone in here, and you can throw the switch to launch the Raven once he’s toast.
- Head out of the control booth and you can pick off the next few Drones from an elevated position. After that comes…a surprise. Fire away until it bugs off, then shoot the Drones that come up on your left. On the first level up, there’s a short hall with a Gorgon Pistol in it if that’s your kind of thing. Head up another set of stairs for another control room and your team will board the lift.
- Now the deck is on fire and you have to hit three valves to put the fires out. Each valve opens up the path to the next one. No Polyps here, so just stay in cover and keep moving. You’ll need to grab a fire extinguisher to clear the path to the last valve and then you’re in for a surprise.
- This is a small area, so grab cover and take out the Drones. After a fast and destructive cut scene you’ll have to deal with a big swarm of Polyps before a ramp allow you to continue on and find out the plan from Cole.
- Run across the deck, to the maintenance hatch, throw the switch, and meet the Silverback. Hit B to stomp and fire as usual, but remember it’s a Troika-type machine gun, so use the right shoulder button to cool it off.
- You’ll have to fend off the Leviathan a couple of times here, and each time you push it back, it’ll throw off Polyps and a Drone or two will show. The big gun is almost useless on Polyps, so get stomping. After you knock the big bad back a third time, Baird will finish him off.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Swimmin’ in Glowie Gravy for beating the chapter, 10 points.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page