Gears of War 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Meet the new crew! Follow the checkpoints to the second stranded base before things get hot. Follow the path to the grocery store, open the gate, and brace for action. Meet the Ultra Drudge. A well-placed grenade will get him out of your way, but now a tentacle comes in and you have to fight off a wave AND the tentacle. Find the tentacle’s weak spot to get rid of it before it releases too many more bad guys.
- Next, there’s another Ultra, but a wave of Wretches. Remember these guys? They’re all glowy now, so they do extra damage if they pop on top of you. Follow the path and you’ll crawl through some razor wire to progress.
- On the far side, a Lambent stalk will drop a bunch of enemies, so stay under cover and save a grenade for the Ultra. Otherwise, it’s easy to get to the grocery store and bust in.
- The grocery store is loaded with glowies, but it’s easy going. The Hammerburst is probably the best gun for this stretch, for its precision, especially when you have to target the mushy bits of a stalk. Watch for a couple of Ultras and you’ll know you’re in the right place when the chainsaws come out.
- Proceed into the next room, where you need to destroy a crate to hit a switch. This reveals a loader mech. Use it to clear the locker, pick up the groceries, and bust out the left most door. Ditch it while you take out the stalk (aim for the sticky bits) and assorted glowies in the LZ, then take the food to the chopper. You’ll need to shove some cars out of the way while you make the trip.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Get the supplies out for We Struck Gold Son worth 10 points.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page