Gears of War 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- You start out underarmed because of the shipwreck and immediately bump into the naked tickers, who will eat unclaimed arms and ammo! As you head toward the ship, you’ll have an opportunity to reclaim most of the guns you had, including the option of a Longshot if you want one. With the fight coming up, it might come in handy.
- Old school grubs, drones, try to pin you down. Instead of emergence holes you need to close, they simple explode up through the ground! Their distance from you makes the Longshot handy. Watch out for those new weird tickers while you’re at it, then move on. Head up and over the hill for another small encounter. After this encounter, if you go off to the left instead of on the main path, you’ll find a helicopter crash and a collectible.
- When you reach the next area, you’ll get a cutscene and then you have your next assignment. And you come under attack. Of course. This is one of the first really brutal bits of the game. You encounter a new enemy,the Digger, which sends actual grubs which bury through the ground after you and then explode (stay down and get away!), along with drones and snipers. There is a Longshot to your right on your side of the barrier. It’ll help.
- Head up along the right path, where more drones will pop up from the earth, and then arc back up to the left if you want to claim a digger gun for yourself. Once you reach the top of the next hill, expect stuff to get weird. Kill the drones to move onto the next step. Use the siege engine to take out the other two, then the Brumak.
- There’s a nook off to your left where you can load up on ammo before you move on. Snipers await, so keep your head down. In case you haven’t noticed by now, a lot of your cover isn’t very sturdy, and damage can render it useless for you. Keep moving to avoid being exposed.
- Around the next corner you get a chance to flank some grubs, press the advantage and you’ll reach your friends. Catching up with them starts a revelatory cutscene, which gives you your next mission, after you defend yourself, of course. For the first part of the fight, feel free to keep your distance, picking off the charging drones. Once the monster breaks out, though, it’s on.
- The game will direct you here, to target the weapons before the beast. Even when the weapons are damaged, they will continue firing. After lots of his firing, he rests, as the weapons cool. That’s your time to strike and strike hard. Once he’s had enough, a reticule will appear on his head, and game over. Before you toast it entirely, if you retreat towards the waterline, you can find a COG tag.
- ACHIEVEMENT: For finishing this chapter, you get Okay, Now Find Hoffman for 10 gamer points.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page