Giant Modern Warfare 3 Leak Spoils Setting, Gameplay and Story
Less than a month before the game’s E3 debut, Kotaku has come into possession of a massive amount of Modern Warfare 3 spoilers, including a synopsis for the entire game‘s story. The leak defies the secrecy that defined previous MW releases and appears to have come from developers formerly associated with the title. This makes sense considering it is a collaboration between Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. A devs lineup that fluid would also tend to be porous, thus the river-resembling-leak of tons of critical game information.
Among the revelations (mild spoilers):
* New characters, including Delta Force operatives named “Frost” and “Sandman”.
* 15 single player missions, including one set in Manhattan.
* A single player campaign that will see players switch between several different unit types.
* Single player picks up from the ending of Modern Warfare 2 and resolves questions lingering from that game.
* An appearance by Seal Team Six, the unit largely understood to have taken out Osama Bin Laden.
* The as-expected big multiplayer likely to be much larger than single player. Apparently a total of 20 multiplayer maps featuring locales ranging from New York to Somalia. Modes include mission-based and survival Special Ops, among many others.
I won’t spoil the story details for you. Click to Kotaku’s piece at your own risk. Modern Warfare 3 will debut at E3 in June. The game will be available in stores November 8.