God of War: Ascension – Artifacts Locations Guide
Every action game needs a collectible, and the artifacts in God of War: Ascension fit the bill. Not that these trinkets are entirely useless, finding them will push players ever closer to the coveted 100% completion rating and can be used when players complete the singleplayer story. Earn another trophy, or just collect them all for a little extra side activity during the campaign — either way, we’ve got their locations listed below.
Break Kratos’ oath, learn the best strategies for fighting tough enemies and titanic bosses with Game Front’s God of War: Ascension walkthrough. For more trophy guides, secrets, easter eggs and more check out the list of God of War: Ascension cheats.
Artifacts Locations Guide
Work-In-Progress! Check back soon for new updates.
Artifact #1: Prisoner’s Oath Stone
- Level: Chapter 2 – The Sewers
- Climbing up onto the ledge, with the cranes and cages on the right, Kratos needs to take the left path to reach a large lever. Pulling the level will lower cages and reveal an enemy ambush.
- Enter the small alcove where the three enemies appeared to find this artifact.
Artifact #2: Circe’s Vial
- Level: Chapter 5 – The Village of Kirra
- After defeating an ambush of giant elephant creatures, Kratos can explore the town further by taking a path to the right leading to a left turn through some houses.
- At the end of the path, there’s a ledge Kratos can jump to, then a small interior he can reach with another jump right. There’s a chest inside and an artifact obscured by the windows.
Artifact #3: Oracle Seeker’s Offering
- Level: Chapter 9 – Ice Caverns
- After being introduced to the massive spiraling shaft with three pillars of electricity in the center, Kratos will be able to climb the exterior to get inside the tower.
- When inside, run down instead of up to collect the white flashing light near the bottom of the traversible area.
Artifact #4: Aletheia’s Charm
- Level: Chapter 11 – Delphi Catacombs
- Passing through the large swinging pendulum, and the hour glass, you’ll reach a throne. The artifact is on the ground, just to the right of the throne.
Artifact #5: Boat Captain’s Idol
- Level: Chapter 15 – The Grotto
- Past an enemy ambush and a door locked with ice, Kratos will enter a long swimming section, leading into underwater paths.
- While swimming forward, look for a split in the path leading down. Swim downward and keep your eyes down to spot a sparkling shimmer of light signifying the artifact’s location.
Artifact #6: Orko’s Cloak
- Level: Chapter 16 – Prison of the Damned
- Once you’re back in control of Kratos following a cutscene with a cloaked flying figure, continue right to find a doorway. Further right are a health chest and a magic chest.
- Even further right of the chests is a hidden corner. Look behind the rocky rubble near the locked door to find this artifact.
Artifact #7: Stonemason’s Chisel
- Level: Chapter 21 – The Forearm of Apollo
- Using the Oathstone to reach the forearm itself, the area’s title will appear on the screen as the elevator rises up.
- Instead of running to the flashing panel in the background, run into the foreground just off the lift to find a hidden alcove.
Artifact #8: Archimedes’ Treatise
- Level: Chapter 23 – The Furnace
- Climbing up toward a corner of the map with Archimedes’ corpse on a worktable, look left for three treasure chests. Nearby you’ll find this artifact, it’s hard to miss.
Artifact #9: Statue Worker’s Idol
- Level: Chapter 25 – The Furnace
- Wait until the end of the massive lift sequence. After pulling back the pin to open the shutter revealing a bright light, look in the back left corner of the platform.
Artifact #10: Antikythera Mechanism
- Level: Chapter 28 – Trial of Archimedes
- Once Kratos finishes the grueling combat trial, return through the massive portal and the entire section will lower.
- When the gears stop, move forward and look on the right side of the area up the shallow stairs.
- No Drake… (Gold):
Collect all artifacts.
More God of War: Ascenion trophy guides, easter eggs, and extras.