God of War: Ascension Walkthrough
Table of Contents
The Oracle’s Chamber
- Run forward across the crumbling bridge to double-jump over the gaps in the floor and continue moving in the direction of the fleeing enemy, then use the swing point to clear the larger chasm and move along the right-side railing ahead to proceed successfully.
- Grab the next wall on your left to continue climbing forward and transfer onto the ledge ahead to proceed across the bridge, then use the swing points on the columns in front of you to slide down the incline on the other side and press the indicated buttons that appear to reach the cliffs above.
- Following the next cut scene, grab the rock located ahead on the left to toss it at Pollack and wait for him to repair the broken floor.
- Hug the right side railing to avoid the shockwave attack and wait for Pollack to approach, then attack him repeatedly at close-range and roll away when you see the boss’ weapons start to glow green.
- Roll in a constant circle around the boss to avoid his various combination assaults and lash out with Hades Souls strikes to inflict damage repeatedly, then wait for Pollack’s next shockwave attack and jump across the crumbling floor pieces along the sides of this area to reach the opposite end safely.
- Run in a circle around the outer floor pieces that still show color to avoid falling to your death and immediately roll away from the boss’ initial teleport strike, then continue attacking him with Hades Souls and repeatedly dodging his weapons.
- Continue attacking Pollack until he teleports up onto one of the surrounding columns, then roll back and forth across the platform to avoid the projectile magic blasts by changing directions as often as possible in between.
- As you roll from side-to-side away from the projectile blasts, approach the the boss’ elevated location at close-range to destroy the column he’s perched upon and force him to retreat.
- Dodge the oncoming magic blasts and destroy each of the columns that Pollack retreats to until he is eventually knocked back down to the ground, then strike him repeatedly with Hades Souls to continue inflicting damage and roll away from the boss’ next series of combination attacks.
- Activate rage to inflict a greater amount of damage until Pollack executes another shockwave attack, then retreat to the opposite side of the platform from him and stand still on the last remaining piece of colored floor to avoid falling.
- During the next cut scene, tap the indicated buttons to fight Castor off and use the grapple point that appears above his head to execute a devastating attack.
- Follow the next on-screen prompt to defend yourself from another attack and kick Castor across the platform from you, then move in at close-range to continue inflicting damage with combination strikes until the boss teleports to a distance.
- Roll towards Castor’s location repeatedly to dodge the oncoming wave of magical projectiles and attack at close range to continue your assault, then stay at the center of the platform to survive the next shockwave and inflict constant damage on the boss until a cut scene is activated in which the oracle is dropped from from her throne.
- Incapacitate Castor with a final flurry of combination strikes and use the next grapple point that appears above his head to activate an action sequence, then press the indicated buttons as they appear to eventually deliver the final blow and defeat this boss.
- Approach Castor to step on him and take the Amulet of Uroborus from Pollock’s fallen body nearby, then activate the amulet to target the large piece of rubble beside you and use the “Healing” ability to construct an overhead bridge.
- Use decay to bring the bridge back down so that the rubble creates a raised platform you can climb up onto, then use it to reach the ledge above on the left and activate your amulet again to rebuild the bridge.
- Make your way across the bridge to approach the Oracle’s body on the other side and activate the next cut scene to complete this level.