Grand Theft Auto Online Beach Bum Update Drops Tuesday
The Grand Theft Auto Online beach party begins next week with the Beach Bum content update, so be warned: that pretty girl in the bathing suit with the bottle in her hand doesn’t want to have a drink with you, she wants to stab you in the neck.
Rockstar announced that Beach Bum will arrive via an automatic client update on Tuesday, November 19. Along with tons of new outfits, hairstyles, vehicles, and ridiculous things to do in new missions, it will add a couple new weapons, including the broken bottle. Because nothing says “I enjoy delivering brutal violence” more than shards of glass on a handle.
The devs describe the following as some of their favorite new jobs:
- “Grass Route II” (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- “Survival on Del Perro Pier” (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- “View of Vespucci” (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- “Paleto Beach” (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ‘em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- “Sundae Driving” (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
Beach Bum is the first of “many” free content updates Rockstar has planned for Grand Theft Auto Online in GTA 5. We’ll keep you posted when we learn more about the upcoming Content Creator and GTA Online’s spin on Capture the Flag.