GTA 5: Online 1.15 Patch – Walk on Water & Air Glitch Guide
The 1.15 patch for Grand Theft Auto 5 came packaged with a glitch of biblical proportions. Now you too can walk on water… or the air, or even the clouds. Learn how with our guide below. Don’t forget to say hallelujah.
For even more in-depth guides, glitches, and Easter eggs don’t miss out on the GTA 5 cheats list with tons of extra articles for Rockstar’s biggest open-world actioner yet. Or enjoy the complete story with GameFront as we riff through the plot in our Grand Theft Auto 5 video walkthrough.
1.15 Patch – Walk on Water & Air Glitch Guide
As of the new 1.15 patch in Grand Theft Auto: Online, all players can enjoy a heavenly walk across the water. Not only that, but you’ll be stuck floating mid-air.
- 1. To get started, travel down to the docks marked on the map below. There is a large concrete ramp leading down to the wooden docks over the water.
- 2. Jog down to the corner on the right and equip a gun — any firearm will work. Next, take cover against the corner wall out over the water. Not on the ramp leading down, but the wall over the water around the right corner.
- 3. Keeping hugging the wall and move left. You’ll move deeper and deeper into the water. Go until you’re about shoulder-deep in the sea.
- 4. Once you’re neck/shoulder deep, aim your gun as if shooting around cover by pressing [L1 / LT] — do it quick. Just a split-second of aiming will work.
- 5. After aiming, you should slowly float upward slightly. Return to the corner on your right and peak around the corner, then leave cover-mode and walk up the ramp.
- 6. If you’ve got the glitch working, your character will start walking in a very weird/hilarious way. Go to the top of the ramp, then walk back over the ramp — you should now be floating.
- 7. Run over the water, run over the air, or just enjoy this glitchy miracle.
You can even keep going higher! Cross the water on the dock to an apartment building with stairs. Try to go up the stairs, then leave and go around the corner of the building to the right. There’s a fence over the water — run over it and you’ll keep floating toward heaven.
This glitch is purely for fun, it won’t provide much of a benefit. Your avatar will actually be trapped after activating the glitch, so die to respawn or restart the game to reset and return to the ground.
More Grand Theft Auto 5 achievement guides, easter eggs, and extras.
GTA 5: Complete Cheat Codes List
GTA 5: All Collectible Locations – Map (GRAPHIC)
GTA 5: Stunt Jumps Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Nuclear Waste Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Letter Scraps Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Secret Ghost Easter Egg
GTA 5: How to Turn Michael into Breaking Bad’s Walter White
GTA 5: Strangers & Freaks Locations
GTA 5: Bigfoot Sighting Easter Egg
GTA 5: Complete Mission List
GTA 5: How to Unlock the Alien Car – 50 Spaceship Parts Reward [Video]
GTA 5: How to Lose the Cops Effectively
GTA 5: Skydive Instantly With This Cheat Code [Video]
GTA 5: How to Unlock More Haircuts
GTA 5: Easter Eggs, References & Secrets
GTA 5: UV Light Secret Map Message Easter Egg
GTA 5: Alien Encased in Ice Easter Egg
GTA 5: Crashed UFO Easter Egg Location Guide
GTA 5: How to Install to Xbox 360 with No Lag
GTA 5: How to Make Easy Money
GTA 5: San Andreas Sightseer Achievement Guide
Strauss Zelnick, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., is the head of ZelnickMedia, an investor in both Take-Two and Defy Media, LLC, our parent company. This article was published without approval or consent of ZelnickMedia or Take-Two.