GTA Online: How to Get Started With Fast Money & Easy XP
Can’t get enough Grand Theft Auto 5? Get the latest commentary, guides and cheats from James and Mitch. Subscribe to Game Front’s Video Walkthroughs on YouTube.
Want to earn some easy cash and XP early in your GTA Online career? Check out the simple tips below that’ll help get your criminal career started on the right foot.
Keep scrolling to see how to make bank, and drop us some of your personal money-making schemes in the comments section.
Still working through the singleplayer cammpaign? Follow Mitch and James on the GTA 5 video walkthrough and experience Rockstar’s epic open-world with Game Front. For even more guides like this, check out our list of GTA 5 cheats to find every extra, code and Easter egg.
How to Make Fast Money
Method #1: Airborne Robbery Rampage
1. Get into the restricted area of the airport through the fence near the flight school. Drive through the fence or jump it by climbing the steps. Ahead, you can find three parked helicopters. Another helicopter is parked on the left side of the area. You can also try the Los Santos Hospital to find another chopper.
2. Use the helicopters to help go on a crime spree. Land outside of stores, and make sure the helicopter isn’t parked where the clerk can shoot you. Rob the store, and run to your chopper for an easy getaway.
3. Robberies in Los Santos can be very tricky due to the police response, but using a helicopter makes it much easier to escape. Robbing and escaping cops will earn you easy XP, while stealing will earn about 1k-8k in cash for each stick-up. Try killing the store owner and taking the cash yourself to earn more.
Method #2: Grand Theft Auto Resale
Note: There are multiple ways to earn cash in GTA Online, but this method will not generate police heat, and is an easy way to get early money for body armor and weapon customization.
1. Drive up to Vinewood and locate a Los Santos Customs car shop. A new feature of GTA Online allows players to sell stolen cars for a good premium. This works best while playing GTA Online in a Solo session.
2. Depending on how much damage a vehicle has taken and the quality, most mid-range cars will sell for about 9k-10k a pop. Most car shops will not accept luxury sports cars, so don’t bother looking for the best. Most common cars will sell.
3. Once you’ve earned some cash, take it to an ATM or use your phone to deposit your profits safely in a bank account. Then simply steal more cars, or get ambitious with robberies once you’re better equipped.
4. Cars can only be sold to Los Santos Customs every in-game day (48 minutes real-time). To see how much cars will sell for, browse the car website: southernsanandreassuperautos.com
5. Selling to Los Santos Customs will earn you 10% of the market price of each listed car, if returned undamaged.
Method #3: Racing Solo (Easy XP / No Cash)
1. Looking to rank up safely and don’t care about earning cash? Try racing solo.
2. Host a race from the “Online” tab in the menu. Instead of choosing to invite, simply start the race yourself.
3. Most lengthy races will earn your character between 500-900~ RP.
4. Watch out for races you’ve already completed. Try to play races without a green check beside the name to earn bonus RP.
More Grand Theft Auto 5 achievement guides, easter eggs, and extras.
GTA 5: All Collectible Locations – Map (GRAPHIC)
GTA 5: Stunt Jumps Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Spaceship Parts Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Nuclear Waste Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Letter Scraps Locations [Map]
GTA 5: Secret Ghost Easter Egg
GTA 5: How to Earn Infinite Money [Exploit]
GTA 5: How to Turn Michael into Breaking Bad’s Walter White
GTA 5: Strangers & Freaks Locations
GTA 5: Bigfoot Sighting Easter Egg
GTA 5: Complete Mission List
GTA 5: How to Unlock the Alien Car – 50 Spaceship Parts Reward [Video]
GTA 5: How to Lose the Cops Effectively
GTA 5: How to Unlock More Haircuts
GTA 5: Easter Eggs, References & Secrets
GTA 5: UV Light Secret Map Message Easter Egg
GTA 5: Alien Encased in Ice Easter Egg
GTA 5: Crashed UFO Easter Egg Location Guide
GTA 5: How to Install to Xbox 360 with No Lag
GTA 5: How to Make Easy Money
GTA 5: San Andreas Sightseer Achievement Guide