Guild Wars 2 Achievement Overhaul On The Way
ArenaNet has posted an update on its official blog to announce an all new achievement rewards system that’s currently in development for Guild Wars 2. In the upcoming update, the studio will be adding a reward structure to achievement points, which works as follows:
As you complete achievements and increase your achievement score, you’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for your account. The system is entirely retroactive, so every point you’ve earned while adventuring across the game will count towards these rewards, which include exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks, permanent account bonuses, and titles.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.
- Permanent account bonuses—permanent boosts to Magic Find, experience from kills, karma gain, and more. Earn achievement points on any character and get rewards for all of your characters.
- Currencies – gold, gems, karma, and laurels.
- PvP Rewards—skins and glory boosters.
- WvW Rewards—use Badges of Honor and siege blueprints to help push your server to victory.
- Utility Items—Instant Repair Canisters, Revive Orbs, powerful boosters, and more.
- Unique Titles—show off your dedication to your fellow players.
In addition to the new reward system, the game’s achievements panel UI will be updated to reflect the changes.