Guild Wars Horrifies Players with Halloween Madness
Guild Wars enthusiasts beware. The King of Madness is upon you once again as Tyria and Elona prepare for the Halloween season. The ghostly monarch will be haunting the Tyrian port of Lion’s Arch in the North Kryta Province and the Elonian port of Kamadan on Istan between Friday, October 26th, and the witching hour on All Hallows Eve (11:59 p.m. Pacific time on October 31st).
Mad King Thorn has a very cutting sense of humor. He may reward those unfortunate or foolish enough to encounter him with a quick death or rain ghastly gifts upon them. Players can expect:
- An all-new opportunity for fun and rewards opens this year with the Costume Brawl! Come to the party dressed as one of many famous Guild Wars characters and fight your way to rewards! Check out the Costume Brawl page for more information!
- A returning favorite, the wandering Teller of Tales, will once again delight audiences with his stories of woe in both Lion’s Arch and Kamadan.
- Peculiar collectors will set up shop in Lion’s Arch and Kamadan, peddling their spooky wares in exchange for various items.
- Two towns bedecked on holiday finery will greet you. Can you say “photo op?” Why, yes! You’ll find the perfect place for those special holiday snapshots among the holiday props set up in Kamadan!
- And if that’s not enough, there are whispers of additional treasures floating in the chilly, autumnal wind…
Unfortunately, it seems that unlike the Dragon Festival, many lower and mid level players will miss out on the fun of the Halloween Festivities if they haven’t discovered these ports yet. I guess the race is on to fill out those maps.
via Press Release