Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PC) Patch v1.1 Lovin'
Yep, it looks like PC owners of Guitar Hero III are getting some update love thanks to the guys over at Aspyr (who, by the way, did an impressive job porting GH3 to the PC). This update seems to offer a handful of bug fixes, graphical tweaks, and minor feature additions. You can read the release notes after the break.
A question that is still being asked among the various forum goers is will Aspyr/Activision be putting effort towards getting DLC to the PC? Also, what about stat linking (PC) to the guitarhero.com website? Or is a PC platform too “hackable” for this feature to gel?
It’s well understood that the PC voice is a minority here. However, I guess Aspyr can only do so much within the feature bubble Activision has given them. We’ve heard Activision’s promise of bringing DLC to the Wii in 2008. And we’ve also seen the backlash of Wii owners for their mono-riffic GH3 purchase. With all of these varied cross-platform versions of the same game, are we gamers pretty much rolling the dice when it comes to choosing a game for a particular platform before hearing a final verdict? Or should we be examining the fine print closely instead of simply expecting each cross-platform version to be equal in features? I can’t help but laugh at the thought of game companies calling us spoiled little brats behind our backs. Anyway…
This official patch for Guitar Hero III will update any earlier version to 1.1. Version 1.1 adds many general fixes and improvements so it is recommended that all users apply the update.
Additions and Fixes for Version 1.1
- Adds Co-op Quickplay game mode for Online multiplayer.
- Adds Lens Flare and Crowd settings in the Graphics Options menu.
- Adds a new UI screen in the Controller Options menu that displays default keyboard controls.
- Improves the whammy bar sound effects.
- The star power electricity effect now displays correctly when using the Low Graphics Detail option.
- The skeleton in the Shanker Island venue now displays correctly on all supported graphics cards.
- Fixes a bug that caused the animations for Lous puppet to fall out of sync.
- The Leaderboards now update more quickly.
- Fixes an issue that caused some rare instability when joining Online multiplayer games.
- Fixes a bug that caused some finished games to be listed in Online game searches.
- Fixes an issue where menus would become corrupted when Demonware servers are under maintenance.
- Fixes pauses, rare freezes, and other strange behaviors that were occurring on the Video Shoot venue.
- Fixes a bug where practicing a section of a song before entering an online match results in starting from that point in the song.
- Pressing Alt+tab during an empty hosted game no longer displays as a disconnection from the previous opponent.