Half-Life 2 Mod — Kingdoms Collide
Kingdoms Collide is a fantasy-themed Half-Life 2 mod focused on balanced online multilayer combat, where skill is king.
Kingdoms Collide offers a good range of player customization, allowing players to choose unique weapons and skill sets, which also allows each player to take on a distinct role within their team.
Here are some of the features:
- Melee combat: The sword fighting system, which is meant to be the basis of the game, is very deep; veterans will win most sword fights, but newbies can still score some hits. A shield essentially allows you to ignore the melee element entirely.
- Archery: Arrows can be fired at different speeds depending on how long you pull the string.
- Magic: Spells allow players to teleport, turn invisible in shadows, ensnare opponents, summon blizzards, throw fireballs, and more.
- 20 unique magic skills/spells
- 10 unique custom weapons
- 5 unique custom characters
- 100+ custom animations
Check out the gameplay trailer:
The sound of the bowstring being pulled taught seems a little wonky, but this mod looks impressive. I’m more than a little reminded of World of Warcraft PvP…