Halo 3 Matchmaking Playlists Updated, Shotty Sniper No Longer Prevalent
Responding to the community’s reaction to the various matchmaking playlists in Halo 3, Bungie has updated the playlists just as they did with Halo 2. You’ll continue to see updates including new gametypes, tweaking the frequency of existing gametypes, etc. as time goes on. The first of these updates is live now, and has made the following changes:
- Big Team Battle matches are now 16-player affairs.
- In the Team Slayer playlist, the appearance of Shotty Snipers has been greatly reduced.
- Now, when players veto Shotty Snipers, the game that results from the veto will not be Shotty Snipers.
- In one-sided VIP matches, the attacking team will now see a waypoint for the VIP they are hunting.
- In Lone Wolves, Slayer gametypes will appear more frequently.
I’m glad Shotty Snipers has been scaled back, because even though I like it, it almost always ended up getting vetoed, and then those players would proceed to whine when another Shotty Snipers game sprung up. It’s also cool to see Big Team Battle now supports up to 16-players, but I hope they won’t become lagfests for many players. This problem plagued Halo 2 later in its life, and personally I ended up avoiding BTB because the lag made it unplayable.
What do you think of the changes? What do you want to see changed?