Halo 4, 007 Legends, & NOT The Walking Dead Up for Best Writing
The full list of titles nominated for “Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing” is:
- 007 Legends, Written By Bruce Feirstein; Activision
- Assassin’s Creed III, Story By Alex Hutchinson, Corey May, Matt Turner; Multiplayer Story By Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Scriptwriter Corey May; Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood, Russell Lees, Matt Turner, Danny Wallace, Ceri Young; Ubisoft
- Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Writing Consultant Marv Wolfman; Disney Interactive Studios
- Halo 4, Narrative Design Christopher Schlerf; Microsoft Studios
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Written By John Garvin; Sony Computer Entertainment America
The WGA will announce the single winner from this list on February 17.
What criteria led to this list excluding The Walking Dead in favor of Halo 4? According to the website:
“Now in its sixth year, the WGA Videogame Writing Award honors the best qualifying script from a videogame published in the previous year. To be eligible for WGA consideration, games must have been released between December 1, 2011 and November 30, 2012, and feature on-screen writing credit(s). Credited videogame writers must have been or must have applied to become members of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus at the time scripts were submitted. Work that was not produced under WGA jurisdiction was also eligible for submission. Preliminary and final judging for the WGA Videogame Writing Award is conducted by panels comprised of Videogame Writers Caucus members and/or Writers Guild members active in videogame writing.”
Ah. It must be that caucus thing.
via Digital Trends