Halo 4 Special Edition Announced.
In a press released issued earlier today in which the game’s multiplayer features were unveiled, Microsoft also announced the Halo 4 Special Edition. Yes, you knew this was coming.
The special edition will set you back $99.99, but for that price, assuming you have the scratch, you’ll get quite a bit of stuff:
* War Games Map Pack Access – The War Games pack includes nine maps that will eventually be available as DLC some time after the game‘s launch. Special Edition buyers will get them on day one.
* Early access to 6 different specializations, which unlock customization options. As with War Games, these specializations will eventually be rolled out as DLC (piecemeal). Special Edition buyers get them from day one.
* A unique weapon and armor skin, and Xbox Live avatar goodies.
* And of course, physical swag like a blueprint for the UNSC Infinity (the flagship of the fleet).
Halo 4 launches on November 6, just in time to take over from Assassin’s Creed 3, which I’ll assume you’ll have beaten at this point.
Just for you, here’s the relevant part of the press release.
“Halo 4” Limited Edition
Available for preorder today, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your “Halo” multiplayer career.
Available for $99.99**, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
· War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
(A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
· Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
· The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
· Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
o Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin
o Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
o An exclusive in-game emblem
o Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
o Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armor set
· “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
o “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
§ Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of
“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
§ Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
§ Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”