Halo Anniversary – Grenadier Achievement Guide
The trickiest achievements in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary requires more than patience, they require skill. Not even a Halo veteran will have an easy time getting all the achievements in this graphically enhanced HD version of the original Halo on X-box, that’s why Game Front has scoured the collective minds of gamers everywhere to put together a short guide that’ll walk you through this nasty achievement. Follow our steps to make this achievement possible, it might not be easy, and it will take practive, but our tips will put you on the right path.
Grenadier Achievement Guide
- Don’t fire a shot, and play on Heroic instead of Legendary. There’s no reason to make this more difficult than it already it.
- Entering the tunnels leading underground, try driving your Warthog deep into the tunnels — you should stop fairly early in, in a walkway. Leave the Warthog behind, it’ll be useful later.
- Before entering the map room, make sure you’re stocked up on grenades. Fill up on frag grenades and plasma grenades, you might have to scrounge outside first, and save your grenades while fighting to the map room.
- You’ll find a cache of frag grenades near where you fight Hunters. For plasma grenades, fight the Elites to stock up.
- Before activating the map, kill everything in and around the room. Use your guns all you want, you only need to rely on grenades and melee attacks once the map is activated and the ambush begins.
- Activate the map, and make your way back out. Running up to the upper floor, you’ll be attacked by two jackals on the ramp. A frag grenade should take care of them, remember to be very careful with your limited weapons.
- Leaving the ramp chamber, look for a door right that leads down. Find a camo power-up, you’ll turn invisible, making it easy to sneak through the next floor. Just run with the camo equipped, don’t bump into any enemies or you’ll attract attention.
- Back upstairs, you’ll return to the same room you fought a Hunter. Inside, there are now Grunts and Elites. Tons of them. Stick to the outer edge of the room and you can totally avoid the group, you’ll only have to deal with a single Elite guarding the exit.
- Stick the Elite with a grenade, melee them if they aren’t totally down, then run upstairs. The Elites and Grunts shouldn’t follow you up.
- Into the next room, you’ll have to deal with a large number of Grunts, Jackals, and an Elite. Your main target is the Elite, it’ll follow you if you try to run upstairs. Duck and hide someplace safe, you don’t need to kill every enemy, but make sure if you do run away, that you finish off the Elite before continuing forward.
- Soon you’ll close-in on your Warthog, the same one you left behind, wedged in a doorway down the straight hallway. Before jumping back into the Warhog, you’ll have to deal with a Gold Elite Zealot. He’ll roar when he sees you, giving you time to peg him with a Plasma Grenade. Rush in close and finish him off with a melee strike.
- With your Warthog, drive and back out to the exit. The hallway is now full of invisible Elites. In your Warthog, they’ll have a hard time hitting you, so long as you move fast. Drive out of the hallway, over the landing pad structure and dive out onto the beach.
- Now that you’re a safe distance away from the structure, those Elites should leave you alone as you wait for the Foehammer to arrive and fly you to safety.
- Enjoy your achievement! It’s one of the toughest.