Halo Anniversary – Speed Reader Achievement Tips
Considered the most difficult achievement of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, completing this challenge is the sign of a true Halo obsession. Below you’ll find a few of our best tips and hints to finishing this insane challenge — but actually completing it, that’s all up to you. It’s going to take long nights of memorizing flood positions, or just a lot of luck. Let us point you in the right direction.
Speed Reader Achievement Tips
- This is a violently difficult achievement, but there are some quirks of the level you can take advantage of.
- First, bring a shotgun and a rocket launcher. Ammo will be scarce, so prepare yourself by unlocking and activating the Bandanna Skull. To find this skull, check out Game Front’s Skull Locations Guide.
- With the Bandanna Skull activated, you won’t have to worry about your limited ammunition.
- At many portions of the stage, you’ll be stuck fighting an infinite amount of Flood. Never stick around and let the Flood pin you down, you need to keep moving until you’re stopped by huge bulkhead door.
- Killing Flood won’t help you move through the stage faster. Often, killing the floor will only force more to appear — they’ll keep coming until they hit a certain limit in each area.
- If you plan on fighting, your best bet is to back up into a corner and let the Flood come to you. Otherwise, you’ll need to remember where the Flood fall from the ceiling, or spill from the wall vents.
- When reaching large bulkhead doors, it’s often a better idea to simply hide and wait until the bulkhead door opens. Each door is set to a timer, you’ll need to wait the timer out before the door opens. These sections always feature infinite Flood. If you hide, the Flood won’t continue to respawn, they’ll appear until a certain limit is reached.
- Often, you’ll need to run instead of staying to fight. Fighting will only bog you down, keep moving forward until you’re blocked off. The shotgun and rocket launcher don’t require close accuracy, making them good tools to use on the run.