Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Enter the ship via the pod port, hang a left, and look for a tunnel to enter. You will see Sentinels, leave them alive as they’ll take our more flood for you. Hang a left again, and look for a hole in the floor with flood pouring out of it. Proceed slowly here or you can easily be overwhelmed. Drop down and keep going down the halls until you reach a door. Through that some Covenant will show up. Next is the cafeteria area where you faced your first real combat so many hours ago. There is a very heavily shielded elite in here, and he likes to throw plasma grenades, so take him out before you move ahead and to the left, into another corridor.
- Hang a left and move into the corridors. You will see lots of fighting between the flood and the Covenant, including some big mofos, but feel free to skip on by them and keep heading down the halls. A couple more corridors and you’ll reach the area where you were “birthed”. It is filled with bad guys, including Sentinels. You can enter the room on the right or the left, and find a ladder at the end of the room on either side to get up onto the catwalk to reach the terminal back above where you entered. Hit the terminal for a cutscene.
- Head to your right to exit the terminal room, then hang a left and run down the wide corridor (head all the way straight for an overshield) and enter the tunnels. A couple of rights and you’ll be in the thick of it again, including more Sentinels and some big mofos. If you haven’t by now, it’s a good idea to have an energy weapon and a conventional one to deal with the different enemies. If you turn left and head all the way down the tunnel where it’s going to hell, you’ll find an armory where you can pick up a SPANKR if you’re feeling aggro. Note on the floor the arrows to the armory and engineering. Once you’re finished loading for bear, backtrack to the engineering door.
- In engineering, you’ll have to take out four cores. Use the buttons marked on your screen, up three levels, to retract the machine. Then drop down onto it, face back toward where you were, and throw a grenade or shoot a missle into the exposed core. Every time you’ll have to drop back down to where you started, which is time consuming, and more flood keep coming, as well as more Sentinels. Unfortunately, once you’re done, you’ll have to ascend to the third level one more time to follow the marker to the elevator that lets you escape. Arm the shotgun or something equally powerful before you reach the elevator, as it is stacked with welcoming Covenant.
- Head down the tunnel, flip the warthog, and get ready to roll. The timer will depend on the difficulty level, and if you’re not a great driver this will murder you. A lot. It looks easy until you reach the extraction point and realize you have to go just as far again. So if you don’t have enough time on the timer, kill yourself and start over. The tunnels feature a basic one path down, one path up, one path down set up, with an occasional internal tunnel with S-curves that you need to navigate. Speed and balance here are really the issue, the more you fall out, the more time just vanishes. Once you reach the end of the trail at the obstacles, get out, run to the nav point and onto the waiting ship. Ta da!
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn another 25 points for finishing the level, plus some bonus points depending on what difficulty you chose to play the game at.