Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- First you’ll follow some basic instructions to get oriented. Use the right stick to look around and then hop out with the X button. Run around to get adjusted to the controls if necessary, then move to the red square to choose if you want inverted or regular viewing controls. Now move to the other side of the room to get your shields.
- Once the action actually starts, follow your guide, then go back a little ways and climb over the pipes. Hang a right and go through two doors, then you’ll break out into an open area where there is combat to your left. Follow the men and look for a door on your left to move through. Hit your flashlight if you need it (LB) and open the next door and a close call.
- One more door and you’ll see some more crossfire and then you can follow a marine to your goal.
- Now you have a gun and a mission! Head out and to the left to face your first combat…evolved. You’ll face three shorties, and remember that the X button reloads. Head straight into the next room to pick up an assault rifle and face your first alien soldier. After that, face right and take on a wave of bad guys, but it’s a nice warm up, nothing worse. Head through the door on the left side of the big room to get in behind the shorties and their shield and mop them up. Then move on through the opening, around a corridor, and get the drop on another soldier. From there, move on and to the right to find another corridor where an explosion will lead to another wave of troops.
- Enter the boarding craft to find an overshield, then proceed around the corner to the left to enter a dark corridor, face a few more bad guys, and proceed. Entering the next section, hang to the right to get the drop on the next wave, then move around the right corner to face a few more shorties. Hang two quick rights, then head straight toward an explosion to get behind another wave of bad guys. Get around another corner for another light wave of guys, and look for another boarding craft with overshields in it.
- Head through a dark corridor to face a few more soldiers, and then you’ll move past a few barrels into an area with steps that reach a level above you. There are a few shorties and two soldiers in here, so don’t rush in if you don’t want to take some damage. Otherwise, clear them out and move on. You’ll move into a dark corridor and then another space with no shortage of shorties to pick off. At the end you’ll face a soldier.
- Head down the next corridor to see the combat occuring outside, and you’ll get some advice from Cortana. Follow the hallway, clear up a few shorties, and then you’ll recieve a nav point to follow. Keep heading left in the tunnels until the motion tracker comes online. When you reach the end of the path, backtrack just a short ways and look for a green light on a door. Exit here.
- It’ll still be dark, but on the other side of this space you’ll be taught how to melee to break through a busted door. Follow the bad guys until you kill the last soldier, then head down a passage to your right. Follow the path to where you started out, and then you’ll see a series of explosion. Hang a right down a passage with some shorties, and look for a door into the access tunnels on the left at the end.
- Follow the tunnel and hang two lefts to see the door marked green for exiting. Be warned, there are shorties in the tunnels. Then head left into the main space for a big group of shorties At the end will be two soldiers, then around the left corner you’ll see your first elite soldier, dressed in red. Once the bad guys are cleared out, you’ll board the lifeboat and the mission is over.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn the Pillar of Autumn achievement for 25 points for escaping the collapsing ship.