Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Now you’re planetside. Head past the escape pod to admire the sweeping view. Then head left across the bridge and up the path you will find. Dropships will fly overhead and if you are not careful they will take potshots at you, which is rapidly deplete your shield. At the top of the hill you’ll face a handful of shorties and an elite soldier. Move over the ridge, drop down, and as you turn around the corner you’ll see a dropship’s worth of enemies. Switch to the pistol to pick some of them off at a distance to save health.
- Now you face a series of dropships, six of them, which land one by one in a triangle pattern around the building you’re near. Each team consists of a soldier and some shorties, including one or two with shields. It’s a lot of guys to kill, but not too many at once. When they’re all scrubbed, a ship from your team will show up and a lot more lifeboats will drop in.
- A Warthog jeep will be dropped for you, so grab it and head downhill. The using two thumbsticks to control it can be weird if you’re not used to it, so get the feel of it before heading down hill and going into the cavern. Once inside, just follow the path, and when you see the ramp, go to the base of it and floor it, then hold back when you hit the peak, to get across the gap.
- Once you reach the base of the driving section, you’ll be in a big open area, with lots of shorties. Let your gunner take them out from the Warthog, or get out and get rid of them yourself. Once the coast is clear, head up a slope to your right to activate a light bridge to cross the chasm.
- Drive across the bridge, out of the building, and up over the hill. Look for two blue lights on your right, and follow that path to a lifeboat. Take out the hoard of shorties, backed up by one soldier, to clear the area, then proceed up the hill to meet some more marines. Once you make contact with your side, an enemy dropship will bring in a new wave. Once they are taken care of, go back the way you came, cross the stream, and head into another gap in the canyon marked by lights.
- In the next section, kill the enemies that inhabit the bulidings, and then look for an opening in the main structure to go underground. At the bottom you’ll find some marines that you will rescue. Head on up to meet some resistance and then clear out the area so the dropship can come in. Get back to your Warthog and go out the way you came.
- The final lifeboat is back the way you came, back and to the right of the first path, out of eyeshot and going up the hill and back from where you originated. You’ll find the marines hiding under the rocks and a substantial posse of shorties with one elite will be waiting for you. After you eliminate them, a dropship will bring in another wave including two soldiers. Then the same dropship will drop off another pile of guys, including a soldier and an elite. Watch out for the ship to shoot at you from overhead, as well. It will drop two more times, leading to a very protracted exchange, the worst you’ll have faced yet. Stick with the guys for cover and cannon fodder, and pick your targets. If you get lost in the melee, you’re toast. Once you’re clear, a Pelican will arrive to take you to the next mission.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn the Halo achievement, worth 25 more points, for completing this mission