Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Following Cortana’s suggestion, head to the left, but bear to the right, staying on the higher ground. Watch out for the big plasma cannons, they pack a punch. Aim just to the upper side of them to take out the man firing it. Keep them clear to avoid much damage, and then pick off the survivors. A few more enemies will come in through the path behind the first gun, which you follow when the coast is clear.
- You’ll approach along the trail, and go past one cluster of bad guys, including with a plasma gun, before you reach your destination. Here you should be sneaky to maintain an advantage. You can drop a plasma gunner and a soldier almost right away, then use the trail along the left to take out as many guys as you can. When you whittle the numbers down, reinforcements will drop in. Then bad guy reinforcements will come in, bringing a new plasma gun, so watch for it. Otherwise, use your sniper rifle to maintain your advantage.
- After that, follow the stone bridge to a canyon that takes you to the next section. Watch out for an elite soldier in here. As soon as you emerge, there is a plasma cannon far across from you, and one directly above you. Again, take them out first, then get in one as reinforcements will come down the elevator in a number of waves, at least four. After that there will be a pause and then two big mofos will come down. Be sure to be in a plasma cannon for this, and get ready to move between them, as their fire does a lot of damage. Dance around, keep your fire on one of them at a time, and you’ll be fine. When that’s done, stand on the elevator to head up to the ship.
- Once on the ship, it’ll be quiet…too quiet. Expect some action, and it’ll come through each of the four doors marked with red lights. Once they open, you can use them to circle around the oncoming waves of bad guys. The first guy out will be cloaked, so keep your head up, but after that it’s mostly shorties and a few soldiers and shield bearers, spaced out enough that it’s not too bad.
- Head through the door that opens once you’ve cleared the enemies. The marines will set up here and it’s up to you to find a way forward. Head back up the ramp and into the first green door on the right. Follow that path through a right, then a left, and you’ll reach a point where you can see the open room that is on the other side of the door. There are a lot of bad guys in here, but most of them will be below you and easy to pick off. Once the guys are gone or at least thinned out, drop down to the radar point, hit X to open the door and let your friends in, and they’ll help you mop up the rest.
- Follow the next radar point to move on. Follow the path down and you will reach a large open room which will fill with enemies. There is an overshield on the far side, but you’ll be better off waiting to use it. Pick off the enemies above as soon as you can, as they will hurt you the most. Especially target the elite soldier above. After that, Cortana will bring in reinforcements and there is another wave. After that, you’ll hear about her accessing the battle net. When she does so, grab the overshield and look to the doors at the far right corner of the room from where you came in. Two more big ass guys will be coming in, and you’ll want your grenades handy. After that, you’ll leave the room, following the radar point.
- This time, follow the paths up. You’ll meet at least one cloaked guard and one elite in the tunnels, but when you reach the end, you’ll be in the higher portion of the shuttle bay. Take out the next wave of guards, which come from both sides, then follow the walkway to the left, enter the tunnels, and go up again. Expect to run into at least one more cloaked guard and one more elite. Then you’ll reach the top. Look for a wave of guys to your right, and then expect another one to sneak in behind you. Keep moving on and take out one more small wave and enter the door on the right for more tunnels.
- Once you’re out in the open again, you’ll face a sword elite, who is no fun. Ideally he’ll chase you back into a tunnel, you can hit him with a plasma grenade, and hold him in place with machine gun fire until he explodes. Take out the remainder of the men in the room, which is much easier, and follow the marker. Moving through the halls, prepare grenades to easily take out the pockets of enemies. The first room you will come to is an empty brig, follow your motion detector looking for enemy signals to find the next brig, which is not empty. There are a handful of shorties, a sword elite, and after him, two cloaked guards. Move to the end of the brig, hit the button, and free the prisoners.
- Unfortunately now you have to fight your way back out and not let him get killed. Two cloaked guards will rush the room and then you’ll have a running fight through the corridors back to the bridge. Use energy weapons as much as possible, rather than the needler, it’s much more effective against the guys you’ll be facing. Two cloaked sword elites are waiting on the bridge. Once you clear it out, there will be a story point, then go up onto the platform and use the purple glowing terminal.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You get 10 points for the What Have We Here Achievement.
- Take out the enemies raiding you, then follow the marker to the dropship. Clear out the shuttle bay balcony, then hit X near the terminal to release the ship.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn Truth and Reconcilliation for 25 points for clearing this mission.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn 25 points for finishing the level with the Truth and Reconciliation achievement.