Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- First thing’s first, clear the LZ. There are two soldiers and two elites here, so switch to the pistol and drop them with headshots from a distance if you can. When the area is secure, you’ll get a warthog. Take the warthog around the corner and up the sloping path. You can kill the guys on the way, but you don’t have to. Cortana will point out an entrance on the cliff, which looks like a fortress. Take out some of the guys you can see with the warthog before proceeding, as there are a number of soldiers up there, including an elite. A few grenades thrown into the building will give you an edge, too. If you stand on (or under) the facility and look out to the shore, there is an overshield beside two crates, as well.
- Head into the base and down to the bottom. You’ll see a room full of guys when you get there, but one grenade and some light fire should do the trick, as it is a small space. Then you’ll have to head back out and keep going around the island. Again, let the warthog do the heavy lifting where possible. You’ll be directed to a path up into the hills, fiercely guarded by an assortment of bad guys, and at the top is a base where you will find the button you need. And also two big ass guys. Hopefully you picked up some plasma grenades by now. Look for health and ammo on the rise straight ahead before you descend to the fight. There should be overshields right above you, which should give you all the edge you need. Keep your distance and keep hitting them. After that, find the button under the building and hit it.
- Follow the path out and up further into the hills to face an elite and a few more shorties. If you still have your overshield, this shouldn’t be hard. Work your way around the building and onto the next ledge, kill a wave of shorties, grab another overshield, and enter the new building.
- Down here you’ll face two big ass guys, but you can actually run right past them, hit the switch which disables the security door, and go right back if you prefer. Then you’ll get an emergency call and Cortana will direct you to follow the beach, which means go back the way you came. When you reach the previous facility, now you’ll have to put down two more bigass mofos. Good times. Then head down into the facility through the door that closed on you earlier.
- When you reach the bottom, hang a right for a cut scene, and then head to the left. There are some shorties, two soldiers, and an elite waiting for you. If you look up to your right you can go up a small ramp to take an elevated position. From that ramp, you can see a door across the way that you will take once the room is clear. It leads you down a series of ramps, into a room that has some shield guys in it, and two more big ass guards. Fortunately, they can’t chase you very much. Look at the far end of the area to the right for health and ammo, and stay out of the central area where the guards are. You can get them better than they can get you. Then look to your left and go down some more ramps.
- Now you have a long way to go down and the path is not clear. Just keep looking for ramps to go down. Eventually you’ll pass through a door, when you do, look to your left for some camoflague, them drop off the ledge to move on. When you finally reach the lowest level, you’ll face a soldier and an elite, A grenade at the end of the corridor will take care of them, and then you’ll reach the activation point that you’re after.
- ACHIEVEMENT: You earn 25 points for The Silent Cartographer for completing this mission.
Now you have to haul ass back to the surface. There will be plenty of guys to combat, but I didn’t bother. Near the top you will hit two sword elites, and a well-placed grenade will put both of them down easily. At the top, you’ll face three cloaked guards, who can quickly get the drop on you if you’re not careful.