Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Hop off the Pelican and watch for the door to open. Odds are it’ll be an elite soldier first, so be prepared for that. After, drop a few shorties and head into the tunnel. In the next big room are two soldiers, and a bunch of shorties. Keep on the trail and you’ll break out into the open. Some of the shorties here are asleep on the job, so get a drop on them while you can. Then you’ll notice a Pelican that shouldn’t be here. Take the next section as you will, top or bottom. There are enough shorties to be a hassle, an elite on the bottom and a sword elite on top when you reach the end. Do NOT approach the end from the bottom once you’ve cleared the area out, you’re asking for a head chop.
- After the next set of halls, you’ll reach a section that opens up into another big room such as you just experienced. In here are a cloaked guard and about 10 shorties. Make sure the cloaked guy doesn’t get the drop on you, and you’ll be fine. Look for a lighted passageway which will lead you to an elevator. Use it.
- In the next section there will be a lot of snoozing shorties, so take them down before they have a chance to hit back. There’s also an elite in here and a couple of shield guards. No problem by now.
- Follow the path and you will break out into the open. Now you get a chance to do some real damage. Take out the two turrets first, one is right to your left, one is ahead of you on your right. To your left, near the Warthog, is a SPANKR missle and a sniper rifle. Then hop in the ghost, figure out the controls, and take out that tank! Afterward, moping up the rest of the guys is easy. In the next section, you have the option to jump in a Scorpion, and there is an empty ghost, so destroy it, and be prepared for two more to come out of the cave. Put them down fast. My tactic was to head through the cave, take out the turrets on the other side with the Ghost, the return for the Scorpion. Either way, clear out the enemies or avoid them, get to the bottom of the ramp (surprise, two big asses!) and hit the button to open the door.
- In the next section, look to yoru right for SPANKR missles. You have to move to both sides to take out plasma cannons and every shortie you can find so they won’t be rearmed, then drop the big guys across the way with sniper fire or missles, then run for the door.
- Hit the button and move through the next door. Here you’ll get a chance to grab another Ghost, so do so. You can fight your way through or just cruise, but head to the end of the next section, as a dropship comes in with enemy reinforcements. Hit the end and hang a right, drop down a level, and head into the far corner, where there is a passage behind some columns. You’ll come out in the open, and there is a plasma cannon way high up behind you, and three up ahead, along with two ghosts and an attack fighter. Clear them or skip them, but the door you need to get out is all the way up on the right, between two cannons.
- There’s a room with some shorties and a soldier in it, clear it and find another elevator shaft, where you will go up this time.
- Follow the arrows on the floor through a reverse of the way you came. You’ll hit another skybridge, this time with a parallel one beside it instead of under it, then eventually back across it the other way. Otherwise, nothing too challenging, more of the same patterns and enemies. When you reach another lit alcove that leads to an upward passage, rather than a downward one, keep an eye out on the right for two cloaked sword guards. Then you’ll break out into the open air again, run across the chasm, through another short series of rooms, then up another elevator. Finally, after a few more rooms, you’ll break out into the open again. Up to your right is a temple, and Cortana advises you to take the Ghost, but it is a pain to navigate up the ramps, which go left, right, etc, and which are scattered with frustrating debris. Look out for big guys at the top and hit the switch on the right to open the door. A huge mess of guys will be inside, including a sword elite. A couple of grenades, thankfully, will help you no end if you didn’t stay in the Ghost. A few more big doors that are the same, and you finally made it!
- ACHIEVEMENT: Can you guess what this achievement is called? Of course you can. And you can probably guess that it’s worth 25 points, too!