Hitman: Absolution’s PC-Only Features Include DX11 and PC UI
News out of Gamescom 2012 brings word of the PC-only features coming to Hitman: Absolution, which include better graphics, a user interface optimized for the PC, and Steamworks support.
DirectX 10 enabled cards will benefit from increased texture and gesture resolution, better shadows and more, while DirectX 11 cards will include bokeh filtering and tessellation. Steamworks support will allow players to upload saved games to the cloud and resume playing on any PC.
IO Interactive’s Jonas Meyer said that IO “want the game to look as awesome as possible” and promises that “Hitman’s suit looks ten times more awesome on PC.”
- Increased texture resolution
- Increased gesture resolution
- Higher shadow Map resolution
- Full mouse and key support
- Optimized PC user interface
- Optimized for low and high end PCs
- Steam works integration including steam cloud saves
Dx 11 only features:
- Global illumination
- Eyefinity support
- HD3D support
via PC Gamer