Homeworld 2 Mod — R.E.A.R.M.
R.E.A.R.M. — Rearmament Expansion And Redesign Mod — is an unofficial expansion for Homeworld 2. Custom ships have been added that fit the race design concepts while bringing new elements to the table.
- Stays truly to the original game: No ships with turrets all over the hull, no hundreds of missiles flying around, no crazy maneuvers, no unfitting design. Every new feature can be turned off.
- New ships: Not only new different ships, but also new ship classes such as the Supercarrier class or Drones.
- High Command mode: A game mod for large scale battles with capital ships in formations.
- Faction gameplay: You can turn on the faction gameplay and each race will divide into three factions.
- Vaygr: Kinetic, Laser, Missile
- Hiigaran: Kinetic, Ion, Hi-tech.
- New menu options: Starting fleets, RU injections, ship class restrictions based on the Unit Cap limit, Winning conditions, Ship explosion damage, etc.
- New weapons & research
- One new map
- Several new menu backgrounds & badges
- A singleplayer campaign updated with R.E.A.R.M. ships. Control the Supercarrier or face the Missile Battlecruiser in the Makaan’s elite guard.
- 3 languages: English, German and Czech
Check out the trailer:
This easily lands a spot among my favorite mod trailers. The music choice couldn’t have been better.