How to Sign Up for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test
Even though World of Warcraft is nearing its 6th birthday, Blizzard’s flagship MMORPG is still the most-subscribed game in the history of mankind. Later this year, they’ll be releasing Cataclysm, the third expansion to the world of Azeroth.
With a late 2010 tentative release, that means that the time for beta testing is drawing near. Soon Blizzard will be starting the closed beta test for Cataclysm, and you can get yourself a chance to participate. If you’ve got a Battle.net account with a World of Warcraft license attached to it, you’re eligible for the beta test. Here’s how to sign up:
- Head over to Battle.net and log into your account.
- Look under the ‘Manage my Games’ option, and click on Beta Profile Settings.
- The Beta Profile Settings page has checkboxes for Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft. Go ahead, check them all!
- Click the ‘Update Preferences’ button.
- Once you’ve done all that, look on the right side of the page, and load your system specs using the handy Blizzard tool. This will greatly increase your chances of getting a spot in the beta.
That’s it – shouldn’t take more than 5 or 10 minutes, and you’re all set. Good luck getting selected!