How to Use a PS4 Controller Wirelessly on a PS3
Playstation users know already that you can use a PS4 controller on your PS3 but only if it was plugged in via a USB connection to the console.
Well, it seems that one of the updates that recently applied to the Playstation has allowed the ability for your PS4 controller to be used wirelessly on your Playstation 3. Discovered on Reddit, many functions such as the PS button, vibrate and sixaxis still do not work properly, as the PS3 doesn’t technically detect it as a Sony controller. But it appears using it just as a normal controller without the added functionality works just fine.
If you’re not a fan of watching videos like the one above, the steps are as follows.
- Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
- Go to Accessory settings.
- Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and start scanning for device.
- Unplug DS4
- While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
- When the light flashes quickly on DS4 plug back in and select Wireless Controller.
- Let registration complete and then unplug.
Reports about it working have been random. For some it works just fine, others not so much. Still, if you’re keen on using your new PS4 controller to play on your PS3, it’s worth a shot.