In Stores Now!!! Games That Hit Shelves Over Thanksgiving
If feelings of lethargy and lack of intestinal fortitude from your Thanksgiving feasts are keeping you locked away inside your house like a bloated recluse, stop wasting those precious moments lying in agony and go buy a video game. Over the holiday weekend, many games have hit shelves, and whether your cup of tea is action, first person shooters, role playing, or just plain mind numbing button mashing, there is sure to be a game for you. So, between eating left overs and trying to get drunk by sucking on your grandmother’s famous bourbon balls, go to your local retailer and check out some of these new titles:
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies – Sierra Entertainment’s 2D arcade shooter game for the Wii will also be available on Nintendo DS November 27th. The game delivers an all-new single player campaign where players can tackle waves of enemies, including 10 never seen before, all of which act and react in a frenetic way across more than 60 unique levels. Geometry Wars: Galaxies introduces the all new ‘Battle Drone’ that follows the player’s request to defend and attack or collect geoms which is used to increase multiplier scores, buy new planets or behaviors for the Battle Drone.
- Godzilla Unleashed, Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash – Atari has released Godzilla Unleashed for the PS2 (later on this season for the Wii) and Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash for the Nintendo DS. Providing an environment perfect for stopping this worldwide obliteration with nine urban arenas, interactive 3D cityscapes, huge destructible buildings, soaring skyscrapers and towering alien formations. Featuring a non-linear storyline which allows players to influence how the story unfolds through their choices within battles, and a flexible multiplayer mode which supports up to four players for a city-crushing monster extravaganza.
- Cabela’s Monster Bass - Activision has released the first ever Cabela’s fishing game, where players embark on a journey through six of the hottest bass spots and compete in 14 tournament events in pursuit of the biggest, most coveted species of trophy bass. Putting players’ angling skills to the test as it focuses on the most exciting part of fishing, the game features authentic Cabela’s fishing gear with hundreds of tackle and lure combinations. Players will set their sights on nine species of bass, including largemouth, smallmouth, spotted, and striped, as well as 14 other trophy fish such as trout, salmon, catfish, and walleye. Cabela’s Monster Bass combines the use of real world strategies with actual fishing lake environments to allow fans of all types to land that prize and become the ultimate bass fisherman.
- Ghost Squad – SEGA’s top-grossing light gun game comes to the Wii and replicates the arcade experience for your console. The Ghost Squad is a Special Forces unit established in strict secrecy by the U.N. to combat terrorism and carry out special highly-classified missions without leaving a trace. As an elite member of the Ghost Squad, players will complete dangerous missions such as eliminating terrorist groups, releasing hostages, deactivating bombs, and even rescuing the U.S. President when terrorists hijack Air Force One.Using the Wii Remote, players will utilize selectable weapons including a high-powered rifle, submachine gun and shotgun, or even engage in hand-to-hand combat.
***MORE GAMES LISTED AFTER THE BREAK***
- Sonic Rivals 2 – The gloves are off and Sonic and his rivals are gearing up for a new head-to-head competition exclusively on the PSP. This sequel to SEGA’s 2D action platformer features all-new “jostling” controls for tighter competition and a brand new Battle mode that allows you and a friend to jump into six different multiplayer challenges by sharing one disc. With three new characters, 12 new stages and upgraded signature moves for each character, the enhanced Rivals experience promises to bring a whole new level of handheld antics to the PSP system.
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings – Square Enix’s newest endeavor in the Final Fantasy franchise is exclusively for the Nintendo DS, and allows players to control massive armies, unleash special moves and activate Gambits, all with the use of the stylus. With the respected musical stylings of Hitoshi Sakimoto and the direction of Motomu Toriyama, FFXII Revenant Wings takes place one year after the events of Final Fanatsy XII, where the young protagonist Vaan travels the skies of Ivalice with his trusted navigator Penelo at his side. Their treasure hunting adventures take them to the sky continent of Lemurés where they meet Llyud, a member of the aegyl race. These mysterious winged people have been living on the floating continent for centuries, but a disturbance has allowed treasure-seeking sky pirates to breach their once-hidden territory. It falls to Vaan and his band of young sky pirates to stand up against the trespassers, and defend this extraordinary world and its people.
- Dirty Dancing the Video Game - Codemasters Online has released the official game based on the movie, via digital download at their website. Dirty Dancing the Video Game will be available at US retailers in early 2008. In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the movie, fans can now step back into the year 1963 and encounter the world of their favorite film. Through this action puzzler, Dirty Dancing enthusiasts now have the opportunity to experience the life of Baby. Learn to dance with the resident dancing couple, Johnny and Penny, and work alongside the team at the renowned Kellerman’s Mountain House Resort. Just remember one thing….. “Nobody puts Baby in the corner!”
- Medal of Honor Airborne – Electronic Arts have finally released their latest Medal of Honor game for North American PS3 owners and are planning on releasing the game for our European neighbors on November 30. PS3 owners can now jump into the shoes of the Allied Airborne Operations of WWII and become the hero that suppresses the Axis powers throughout Europe. Using an innovative approach to first-person shooter gaming, every level starts with the player’s ability to airdrop into combat from a C-47 airplane and choose where they land on the battlefield. The first step is everything and the player’s landing spot can change the course of battle. Conflict on the ground offers strategic choice in vertical, open battle spaces with a wealth of attack routes and flanking opportunities.
- Time Crisis 4 – NAMCO BANDAI has released the lauded arcade experience to homes everywhere, in this PS3 exclusive. By introducing an original first-person shooter mode, players will take full control over the on-screen action; moving, aiming and shooting at enemies. Time Crisis 4 comes bundled with the advanced “Guncon 3” controller which allows players to target enemies with unprecedented precision and style. Featuring a story mode that combines the series’ traditional shooting action with fully interactive FPS stages, in the traditional shooting stages players take on the role of partners Giorgio Bruno and Evan Bernard as they blast their way through 10 stages. In between these stages, players will experience five FPS stages told through the perspective of Captain William Rush in a parallel storyline. A first in the series, these FPS stages let players move and shoot independently through large environments, controlling their character entirely with the Guncon 3. Detailing two unique sides, the new mission structure provides gameplay variety and pacing as players move between different play styles throughout the game. Two players can play cooperatively through the game’s traditional shooting stages as well as more than 15 sharp shooting mini-games. Players can also unlock Crisis Missions, self-contained scenarios with unique objectives and mission parameters, as they play through the game.
- Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus – SEGA has now made the game available for the PC, PS2 and Xbox LIVE. Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus is the expansion to the sci-fi action RPG Phantasy Star Universe and brings a more personalized interactive universe to the series. Whether tackling quests online with a party of up to six adventurers, or fighting through the online new story missions, gamers can experience the Gurhal System through the eyes of a personalized avatar. The expansion pack provides a varied gameplay experience with the expanded online adventure of its predecessor and the quest for peace in the Gurhal System.
- Virtua Fighter 5 - SEGA’s newest installment in the critically-acclaimed Virtua Fighter series is now available for the Xbox 360, and has been out for the PS3 since February. With an all-star cast of 17 fighters, including characters from the previous iterations along with two new characters named El Blaze and Eileen, players can also choose from an array of costumes and attachable items and then step into the ring and prove that they are the best around. Featuring online multiplayer and two player versus mode (XBL), leaderboards (XBL), character data portability, offensive mode, and character customization, it is a game that fans of the franchise have been waiting for.
Via: Press Releases