IndieCade 2012 Winners Announced; IndieCade EAST Revealed
The 2012 IndieCade has named this year’s award winners, with its highest award going to Unmanned, created by Molleindustria. IndieCade recognizes superior examples of story development, visual, technological, audio and all-around independent game titles as well as creators who have greatly contributed to the independent gaming field. This year, the jury chose from more than 500 games from 5 different continents.
Further, the first annual IndieCade EAST has been revealed, which will take place on February 16 through 17, 2013, in New York City at the Museum of the Moving Image.
IndieCade CEO Stephanie Barish said:
“The IndieCade awards celebrate the unique artistic vision and talent across the spectrum of independent games. This special event serves as an important platform to support the next generation of independent games, and highlight their incredible quality. We are honored to have so many outstanding titles in this year’s show and to be able to share them with the thousands of attendees that came to the festival.”
The game and developer winners this year are:
- Grand Jury Award: Unmanned- Molleindustria
- Visuals: Gorogoa- Jason Roberts
- Audio: Dyad- RSBLSB
- Impact: Reality Ends Here – Jeff Watson, Simon Wiscombe, and Tracy Fullerton, USC Game Innovation Lab
- Interaction: Interference –Nathalie Pozzi and Eric Zimmerman
- Game Design: Armada D6- Eric Zimmerman and John Sharp
- Technology: Vornheim- Zak S.
- Story/ World Design: Botanicula- Amanita Designs
- Special Recognition: The Stanley Parable- Davey Wreden
- The Trailblazers Award: Elan Lee
- Developers Choice Award: Renga- wallFour
- Audience Choice Award: Hokra- Ramiro Corbetta