Jagged Alliance: Back In Action Walkthrough
Table of Contents
General Mission Operations Orders
Secure Drassen Airport
Find the Rebel Leader / Liberate Drassen
Liberate the Mines near Cambria
Drassen is Running Dry
Liberate the Mines in Grumm and Alma
Secure the Radar Stations
Find the Rebel Leader
General Mission Operation Orders
- Know that not every merc you want to hire will want to work for you, at least until you have a few successful missions completed.
- Take time to thoroughly get acquainted with the mercs available for hire, making note of these main deciding factors: their Attributes (Agility, Dexterity, Strength, Intelligence, Perception), their Skills (Medical, Explosives, Stealth, Mechanical, Marksmanship), and their Traits, which may affect specific Skills or the merc’s overall character.
- For each mission, hire at least two mercs, in order to better cover the balance of potentially needed skills.
- Take heed of their clothing and camouflage, as this will affect their stealth factor.
- Not all mercs are competent at close quarters combat (CQB), and may freeze up when faced with a machete-wielding opponent in their face. Take this into consideration when equipping their weapons.
- Be constantly aware of weapon effective ranges, and the aim time of each merc. Give your merc enough space to the enemy to aim precisely and to squeeze off enough shots to bring them down.
- Learn the hotkeys! Be able to quickly pause the game, switch from merc to merc, and change orders, stances, and weapons on the fly. NOTE: The Set Stance keys (F1-F4) in the printed game manual are reversed from what’s actually in game; go by those as listed in game.
- After securing a location, and on subsequent returns to that location, look for citizens with the FIST+ icon over their heads. These citizens may be given weapons and armor, and will defend their location against any attack.
- Directions in this walkthrough (N, S, E, W, etc…) are and will stay based on the mission map being oriented the same as the world map. Hit the X key to auto-orient the camera angle N.
- Have mercs with good Mechanical scores keep Weapon Oil, Cleaning Kits, and Tool Kits for repairing owned and looted weapons. Repaired weapons sell at a higher price, or may be given to a local citizen to defend a location with.
- Save your game before and after each combat action!
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page